Thursday, March 17, 2011

Time won't let me go.

Friends!  Many apologies for my long hiatus!  This cold weather has me less than enthusiastic about doing anything other than sleeping in the corner of my home.  But, alas, the weather is warming, and I'm feeling up to more than just sleep.

Tortoise life is nice now that I don't feel frozen inside a block of ice.  Mom and Granny have laid off the hay in my food.  I've been getting the good stuff.  Also, Granny broke my UV heat lamp trying to kill Sam and Charlie.  She was trying to spread the warmth and ended up dropping MY light into THEIR tank.  It didn't hurt them, but the bulb broke, so she had to clean the glass out of their tank.  Oh how I miss my heat lamp.

Other than those things, I've been well.  Mom's still not home much, Granny's here all the time.  Occasionally my aunt and cousin will come to visit.  My "Aunt" came up from Miami this week, and I finally got to meet her.  She was very nice, but started feeling ill and had to go home.

Mom recently cleaned my room, but didn't have any sand for me.  But it's great, she used Timothy Hay, and I really enjoy it.  Makes it feel like I'm back home in the grasslands/desert.  Except for the heat.  I could use some heat.  Other than my daily baths, which I usually stay in for about half an hour before the water goes cold.

With warmer weather comes more frequent blogs!  I promise not to leave you all for this long again!

Peace & Love from TurtleTown,
Steve


Basking in the sun in the dining room!

No comments:

Post a Comment