Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Attention readers!

I apologize from the bottom of my tiny sulcata heart for my absence.  It's uncalled for, because I know you've all been waiting with baited breath for news from TurtleTown.

It's not been an exciting week.  Mom's never home.  She usually wakes up and prepares my bath, but Grannie usually makes my breakfast.  I miss Mom.

She came home the other day to discover I had fallen out of my food dish, and I had rolled on my back.  She thought I was dead, but soon discovered I was very much alive.  She picked me up, made me a soothing bath, and comforted me.  It's not easy being a leftover dinosaur in this fast paced, modern world. 

I've also resigned myself to eating this "healthier" diet.  It's not my favourite, but hunger gets what hunger wants, and that is sustenance.  Grannie usually tries to disguise the hay as tasty food.  She'll mix it with some spinach and squash.  I eat it, but that doesn't mean I like it. 

Sam and Charlie have been good too.  They like Macy's food, which is usually brine shrimp, since she's and Eastern Mud Turtle, and likes to eat stuff that's alive... Yuck.  Grannie likes to make them beg for the shrimp, she thinks it's funny, and honestly, it is.

Macy is good too.  She's eating, but Mom and Grannie are still kind of concerned.  They check on her regularly.  She's alive and well, so I suppose everything is good. 

I'm not sure what else needs to be said, it's been a slow and lonely week in TurtleTown without Mommy.  She promised Sam, Charlie, and Macy clean bowls before she goes to work today.  Hopefully she has time.

Peace&Love from TurtleTown, Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment